If you have found an animal there a few notes that you
should be aware of:
• If the animal has an identification tag, try
contacting the owner.
• If you have found a dog, you must contact the local
authority dog warden immediately and arrange for them
to collect the dog. The dog warden will scan for a
microchip to try and contact the owners.
• If you have found a cat, ask your neighbours if they
know to whom the cat belongs. Often cats believed to
be stray actually live locally. Contact your local Cat's
Protection or SPCA to ask them to collect the cat.
• If the animal is injured, please take it to your nearest
• If you know the microchip number of the animal you
can look on our resources page to see if its details are
known to Scanner Angel.